Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

I don't really have anything earth shattering to report. We had a good holiday. We did the usual duo-dinners: one at John's parents' house, one on my side, which was my sister this year. They were both attended by lots of family, which is always nice. Erik got to celebrate his birthday again at both houses, and everyone got him cars. From great-grandparents to aunts and uncles, and nobody talked to anybody else about what they were getting. It was all chance. This is just fine with Erik though. He hasn't played with anything but his cars since he got 'em. He's in heaven.
The next day was a big extended family get together with John's side. Lots of his cousins were there, and let me tell you, it was perhaps not so great a thing for me to go. Just standing in the room with all those gorgeous, tall, blond women, none of which had less then two children, but looked like she had none, was enough to sink my self-esteem right through the floor, lol!
Saturday was surprisingly industrious. We didn't even try, but somehow managed to fix one car, get rid of another one, (so now we have two working cars instead of one working and two broken cars), and even clean up a little around the house! And get a nap in!
Sunday dawned sunny, cold, and speaking of colds, I've got a doozy. Just enough to make me miserable without really being able to do anything about it. I had all kinds of things I wanted to do this week, plans now all in ruins. On the bright side, now I don't have to do all those things, lol!!
The Almighty Liz

4 comments:

Renae said...

"Tall, blond, gorgeous..." Puh! Hey we aren't ALL blond! At least two of us are brownish types. You have nothing to fear my dear. Silly girl!

lizS said...

blond to me is anything lighter than my own hair color, lol! er, i meant my natural color of course. ;)

timpani76 said...

I can imagine being in a room full of Renae All American Beauty Types would be depressing, if I weren't an extoic gorgeous thing like you! Get over thinking you are not hot!

I missed hearing the blue car was broke too? What was wrong with it?

lizS said...

the tire was flat. not a big deal to fix, we've just had sooooooo much going on, that it was too much for john to handle.
and thanks! ;P