Friday, January 18, 2008

Babies and Politics

Well, hello all you good people out there. (and all you bad ones, what are YOU doing here?) I haven't posted for awhile and I know that's really hard on all you Liz addicts, so I thought I'd throw you a little dose today.
My little family has not really been up to much, hence the non-postage. We are still doing damage control on the house, but it's almost there. Jonni is back in pre-school, after a three week Christmas vacation, and loving it. I had my very first Parent/Teacher Conference yesterday afternoon, and it went very well. Her teacher, Mrs. S, adores Jonni, and recognizes her genius. Always good to have an astute teacher on board. She also told me Jonni is, for the first time, playing with the girls. She has, apparently, up to this point only hung out with the boys. I'm not sure why this was, or why she has changed, but I, also for inexplicable reasons, think it's funny. Erik is still Erik. Nothing new, except that he is now counting and has learned most of his numbers up to ten. I have a new class in primary, and am getting to know and love my new kids, although I find myself missing my old ones. I did get lots of hugs from my former class this last Sunday, and that was way cool.
I also have a little announcement on my sister Virginia's behalf; she is having a girl! Her name will be Lark. Very exciting! Another niece! I hear the big sister to be is in rapture.
Also worthy of note is my husband's blog. We have been having a very lively political discussion there for some days. If you would like to join in, here's the link;
http://johnseverfanclub.blogspot.com
I, generally speaking, don't particularly enjoy political discussions. I don't, however, think you can remain politically ignorant in this day and age. Thus I have much enjoyed the different points of view and the discussions that we have been undergoing lately. Lots (and I never thought I'd say this) of fun!!
That's all I have today folks. It's been pretty quiet around here the past week or so. Very nice for me indeed, after the chaos that was my life the first couple of weeks of the New Year. I hope it holds for a little while longer!

7 comments:

timpani76 said...

Vance was only playing with the girls when he first started pre-school and now it is more boys. Maybe because of the gender of their siblings?

I had a conference with his speech therapist on Wednesday and she told me how well Vance is progressing, and how smart he is too :) I think she was worried I would think he wasn't so smart since he was in Speech therapy. As if!

I love political debate! Keep it up!

lizS said...

that's so good that vance is doing well! i must say that john and i noticed a huge difference when we were over last. and i am so enjoying the political discussion on john's blog! what a flippin' blast! oh, john's here with the movie. gotta go! date night and all!

Anonymous said...

I, too, think it's funny that Jonni only played with boys...I think she has more experience in that arena with her cousins and friends and brother and all. The funny thing is that D played mostly with girls, too before he started school. I think he didn't have much choice, though.

MC

lizS said...

yeah, i think she just has more experience with boys, that must be it. i also think it's funny that her teacher says she just sort of watches what the girls do too. she doesn't really participate yet, just hangs out and observes. she's hilarious.

timpani76 said...

Isn't Jonni a little young to be experienced with boys?

lizS said...

haha. that's not what i meant.

Anonymous said...

I come bearing some news that will make Liz very sad. Heath Ledger is dead. :( He was only 28. Sorry Liz. I'm surprisingly sad about this. I don't have any kind of a
"thing" for him, I just think he was a good actor, and I'm just very surprised and sad.

MC