Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Jonni's Fifth Birthday

I know what you're thinking. She's HOW old??? That's not possible!! Yet, somehow or other, Jonni is five. That means *shudder* kindergarten!! What next? Dating?
At any rate, I'm not here to alarm anyone, I don't want to start a panic, I just want to tell everyone how Jonni hurdled this particular milestone. She had her first ever birthday party. Now, we've had family parties before, and even invited a few friends of John and myself to share in the momentous occasion of Jonni's birth, but this was the first one where we invited who Jonni wanted to invite, and we did the party Jonni's way. I dare say, it was a success. What else, with Jonni at the helm?
We had four girls over (we invited five, but one got sick), and we colored a mural, played pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey, had cake and ice cream, and opened presents. The girls had a blast, and the adults sat around and enjoyed watching them. Here are just a few pics of The Occasion;

Here's Jonni blowing out the candles on her cake.
I love this shot, I think it's hilarious.
She's just a bit tired of me taking pictures at this juncture.

Here's Jonni and all her girlfriends opening presents.
She got a pretty good haul this year.


Here are all the girls doing their mural. They had a blast with this one.
And what did they draw? Monsters!!
I especially liked the birthday cake monster!

So, another year in Jonni's life has passed. It's been a big one. She fished for the first time, went without her mom for almost a week for the first time, started preschool, and finally turned five. Yep, a big year, and mostly good. Happy Birthday Jonni!!
Here's to many more,
The Almighty Liz

4 comments:

timpani76 said...

Yay! You survived your first 5 years of motherhood!

lizS said...

your next!

Renae said...

Happy Birthday to Jonni!

Anonymous said...

Happy late B-day to Jonni-kins!

Big E.