Monday, October 29, 2007

Liz's Favorite Things...or one of them.

So, one of my very favorite things on the planet is to watch my husband read to my children. The kids love it, John loves it, and I love to watch. Everyone is happy. The almost unvarying ritual every night at bedtime is that the kids each get a story before we throw them in bed and tie them there. (not really tie them, we only tie Jonni; she's the only one who has a problem with bedtime, Erik could care less) I snapped a few pics of John and Erik last night because I thought they were being hilarious. Pay particular attention to Erik's face because I don't think he changes expression once:









John we reading Fox in Socks by Dr. Suess, and he was really going to town. Giving it his all. I was unable to capture some of the funnier expressions he was exhibiting, but Erik, I think, was the one to watch. I don't know if he's just so used to his Daddy that nothing fazes him anymore, or if he was concentrating so hard on the book he just didn't notice John's antics. I about split a gut watching the two of them though. Ahhh, it's the little things in life that give true joy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your husband is one SEXY hunk of man! And such a great dad too! mmm mmm! I'd looove to met him sometime...

Anonymous said...

hmmm, mary or renae?
liz

Renae said...

That's my brother!! While I'll admit that there is certainly a very dominant good-looking gene in my family, I could never say "sexy hunk of man" about my brother and not feel kind of weird. Excuse me, I need a shower now.

Anonymous said...

a COLD shower? while i will admit that the comment seems more mary than renae, i just couldn't count renae out. it's very much something she would say too.
liz

timpani76 said...

Ok, I showed this to John's mom (she's my visiting teacher) and she said the last face he made was the same face he made when he was a little boy. She called it his "little boy face". I think the first comment was actually made by John himself, personally.

Anonymous said...

yes, it was john. i don't know why i didn't cotton on to that right away, it's soooooo like him.
liz